A Training Course to develop, discuss & strengthen a model for sustainable youth NGO’s-Eskişehir, TURKEY
The training course will take place in Eskişehir, Turkey between 21st-27th of October. The
arrivals and first meeting will be on 20th.
• The Project Includes 12 Countries: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Latvia,
Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain and Turkey.
• There will be 2 participants selected from each country.
• Main priorities for the selection are: Reason of applying, motivation, past experience in
related field, learning goals and dissemination goals.
The Idea: This projects outline was created after a research and observation on today’s youth NGOs.
We had many chances to discuss about the problems of civil society works with people who are active
youth workers (managers, members, leaders, volunteers) in several platforms. One of the most common problem that we face is difficulties of achieving intended impacts and acting sustainable. The conclusion was: lack of organizational management & development skills in the youth organizations and NGOs. This problem creates a huge barrier between NGO and it’s stakeholders in terms of efficiency. For that reason we’ve chosen to focus mainly on “effective NGO and organizational identity”, “organizational structure”, “activity planning”, “sustainability” and to the other related skills
that we believe the milestones of organizational management & development.
The Aim: To discuss, strengthen & develop “the model” for a sustainable youth NGO by focusing on topics such as organizational identity, organizational structure, activity planning, source management and sustainability.
• Effective NGOs and Organizational Identity
Things that makes NGOs efficient / Abilities of “Strong NGOs” in common / What is
• Project / Activity Planning
Analyzing /Goal Setting / Activity Details / Modern Human resources
• Project / Activity Assessment
Impact / structural / financial / information& knowledge transferring
• Organizational structure
Practices of organizational structure development – NGO leaders in charge
Practices of organizational sustainability – NGO leaders in charge
Who should participate?
• are motivated , likes teamwork, enjoys participation, are responsible.
• aims positive impact on society by the organizations they have joint / are going to join with the motivation of getting know new cultures.
• have the passion for understanding the components of organizations.
• are active youth workers who want to increase their level of skills about organizational management
and who has the experience of youth work at least about 1 year. (included managers, active members, leaders, project managers, project leaders, responsibles, board members etc.)
• has enough speaking level of English to easily participate to debates, brainstorms, working groups, presentations etc. during the project.(This is a TC Project! It contains several sessions&workshops on topics related with the core subjects)
There are some tasks/missions expected from participants before/after the activity. These are;
• Making research about NGO’s efficiency level in their local/national levels. (Which fields are they
working, how many are they, how effective are they etc.)
• Good case practices of NGO’s (local/national level) successful NGO’s which selected by
• Participants will create 15 minutes presentations about the topics above.
• As a part of disseminating and exploitation of the results process, creating and presenting a
presentation (in considered of the whole project) to minimum 25 young people per participant.
Application deadline -30.09.2016!!!
Two places for the participants from SPPMD
Apply on: email@example.com