Another interesting project in Poland and an opportunity for a long-term EVS! OHP from the beautiful city of Toruń (Copernicus’s birthplace!) is looking forward to host a volunteer in 2013. If you’re interested in working with teenages and young people, if you want to gain new experiance and share your skills, this project is for you! The organization takes care of youngsters with fewer opportunities and offers them possibilities for
non-formal education and international learning process. Within the activities of OHP are various workshops, events and regular activities (also for children).
Read the description of the project and apply before
10th January 2013!
Contact person: aNNa VLC
Coordinating organisation: KujawskoPomorska Wojewodzka Komenda OHP
Host: Kujawsko-Pomorska Wojewódzka Komenda OHP (http://kujawsko-pomorska.ohp.pl)
Location: Toruń, Poland
Project “Be active”
Project runs from 01/08/2013 to 28/02/2014 – 7 months (or 9 months – to be agreed).
We are looking for a volunteer for long term EVS (August 2013 – February 2014) in Toruń/Poland.
Kujawsko-Pomorska Wojewódzka Komenda Ochotniczych Hufców Pracy in Toruń (OHP) is a state run budget which perform state activities for
15-year-old teenagers and the unemployed and threatened by unemployment up to 25 years old. The main objective of OHP is to create adequate conditions for proper social and vocational development of young people, including special actions that are addressed to disfavoured young people who are supported by OHP and such support consists in organization of various forms of going out of poverty, unemployment, and social pathology effects.
The main aim of project is struggle with discrimination, promoting of European awareness and youth education by various forms of non-formal education and intercultural learning process. This aim will be achieved by involving into activities EVS volunteer who will share their experiences, knowledge and ideas.
Volunteer will be mainly involved in work with young people with fewer life opportunities because of various problems like economic, social, family or school. The tasks of the volunteer’s include:
- organizing activities for youth (15-25) to encourage them to be active (sport, film, art, ecology activities etc. – depends on volunteer) or involving in activities conducting by guardians,
- helping in organizing free time for our participants (mainly who are accommodated in dormitory) by leading for them intercultural workshops, presentations about EVS or European countries,
- helping in realization ideas and activities of our participants and develop their interests,
- organizing intercultural animations-workshops (about language, culture, EVS etc.) for youth (15-25),
- organizing activities for children from primary school during open room activities,
- information and promoting activities about EVS and Youth in Action Programme among youth and for unemployed in various places (schools, international centres, job fairs etc.),
- helping in Youth Job office – helping the staff to service of unemployed people who visit OHP to get temporary or state job,
- helping in organizing international cooperation,
- involving in any activities/workshops/lessons leading by our teachers and tutors, exchanging good practicies in work with youth
Volunteer can create new projects within Youth in Action Programme in cooperation with our participants.
Volunteer should be:
- open for new people, culture, language,
- curious and open minded,
- should like to cooperate with youth – to help develop their interests and encourage them to be active by different activities,
resistant to defeats
Age, gender, religion, education level of candidates are indifferent. The most imporant criterion is openness to working with youth (with less life possibilities and unemployed or threatend with unemployment). Interested volunteers should send CV + motivation letter.
Themes – Art and culture, Equal opportunities, Health, Anti-drugs/substance abuse, Social exclusion (in general), Youth information, Youth leisure, Youth sports, European awareness.
http://www.ec.europa.eu (EI 2011-PL-272)